Friday, February 17, 2012

Life goes on.....

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on." -- Robert Frost


I've heard the phrase, "Life goes on," countless times throughout my lifetime.  It's usually quoted to someone after they've endured a crisis, or an especially noticeable mistake.  I suppose the reason it's considered an old "standby" quote is that it's true!


I've seen friends and family face seemingly insurmountable odds to make it through a crisis, and knowing them years later, I do, indeed, see that without that kind of an attitude, it's easy to get mentally  "stuck" in a situation or relationship.


Bad things do happen.  And they happen to each of us. When you're up against a difficult situation, a crisis, or even an unbelievable tragedy, remember that there's only so much you can do, and that you will wake up tomorrow and you may see the whole situation with a different perspective.  


I would never downplay the importance of dealing with bad situations or tragedy.  I firmly believe that each of us, at times, may need to get some wise counsel to help us manage feelings of denial, betrayal, anger, or grief. (As a matter of fact, I actually think most of us would benefit from a good venting session with a wise counselor on a regular basis!)  


However, throughout my life, I've watched family and friends face some pretty terrible situations and come out on the other side with forgiveness and contentment.


I hope that if you're dealing with some kind of crisis of belief or tragedy, that you will find a family member or friend to stand with you and that you will find the strength needed to take the words of Robert Frost to heart and remember that your life will, indeed, go on.


Blessings,


Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment