Friday, March 2, 2012

Who are you?


“Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.”
Chinese Proverb

The weekend is upon us and I am looking forward to that rare Saturday morning when I can spend my time doing everything I want to do, or nothing at all.  I am in control of my Saturday morning!  

Most of us spend a lot of time being who we think we should be, and that takes a lot of energy - mental and physical! We all need to have that "down time" when we can really get comfortable, kick back, enjoy our favorite things and truly relax. 


Rest is healing.  Doctors tell us to rest when we're ill, counselors tell us to rest when we're stressed and athletes know that without proper rest, their bodies will not perform at optimum levels.


Rest is underrated in this "hurry up" world we live in, so take some time this weekend and spend enough time resting that you're able to really think about who you are -- not just what you think you  should be doing!


Blessings,


Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment