Thursday, July 24, 2014

Light the way....

"Sometimes our light goes out 
but is blown into flame by an encounter 
with another human being. 
Each of us owes the deepest thanks 
to those who have rekindled  this inner light." 
--Albert Schweitzer

You never know how dark the path taken by those around you.   You have no way of knowing what thoughts might be saturating their mind and you may never know the pain they feel.  That person may be living with fears that seem difficult for anyone  understand.  They may be living in a seemingly impossible situation where giving up appears to be the best plan or they may simply be in need of an encouraging word or a friendly smile.


I have been through some trying times in my life and I've experienced all those things to a certain degree. However, one difference between my coping abilities through those times as compared to someone who seems to be floundering in the same place for weeks, months or even years,  is I've been  blessed to have the  opportunity to share those times with friends who have been there to listen, offer support, and help me assess and reassess certain situations. My faith in God, my family and these very special friends make a difference in my life! 

If you're going through tough times, it is my prayer you have someone special to help you rekindle your inner light....to fan the flames of self-confidence and remind you of the blessings in your life.  

If you're reading this and feel your inner light is burning brightly, that's awesome! I am happy for you!  I challenge you to find someone to encourage.  Someone who needs to hear something positive and encouraging...someone who needs to know they're not forgotten. You are probably already thinking of someone!  

Give that friend a call, send them a message or take time to pay them a visit!  You can be the friend who fans the flame of that inner light for another human being!

Blessings!

Sharon





No comments:

Post a Comment