Tuesday, July 23, 2013

It's all about perception....

We don't see things as they are. 
We see things as we are.
Anais Nin

It has been my experience in getting to know people that those individuals who always look for negative things are the same people who seem to be in a constant battle with managing the simple details of life. They seem to be critical of nearly everyone around them and they seem to have a "better way" of doing everything yet managing their own life seems to be an insurmountable task.

I'm not trying to draw attention to anyone in particular, and it's factual to say that there are times when I let negative influences affect me.  There have been times when I feel as though life situations "catch up" to me and knock me to the ground....sometimes, it seems, literally!


When I find myself focusing on overwhelming, negative things,  the attention I pay to those bad things coming my way  sets the tone for how I see other situations and other people.  When I'm feeling negative, I see things that really aren't so bad at all as big, bad, terrible things!

I attempt to remind myself at those times of the Anais Nin's quote above: "We don't see things as they are. We see things as we are." 

It's those times when I pray, do some self-talk and reflect on my life.  Changing my own attitude, counting my blessings, and focusing on good things...true things...beautiful things......helps me see more good, true, and beautiful things in the world around me.

Try focusing on the good and counting your blessings in the face of overwhelming, negative issues and let me know what happens!

Blessings,

Sharon




No comments:

Post a Comment