Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Things change...

No man ever steps in the same river twice, 
for it's not the same river and 
he's not the same man.
Heraditus

Lately, I've found myself re-thinking some of my basic beliefs and thoughts about faith, work,   ways of building and maintaining relationships.

I have found that I sometimes surprise myself by thinking something, or even saying something, that I may not have even considered a few years ago!

It's not that my fundamental beliefs about my faith, personal relationships, or ethical behavior have changed. I've simply learned to be more careful about finding out why I believe the things I believe!  I spend a little more time asking myself, "Why am I doing this?"

Was I wrong before? 

Not necessarily....although I have changed my thought process on certain issues!

Have I grown personally, professionally, spiritually, emotionally?  

Absolutely!

Am I a different person than I was 10 years ago? 5 years ago? Last year? 

Yes!

Has the world around my changed? 

YES, YES, YES!

My challenge to you is to think about your basic beliefs and see if there are things in your life that have changed to the point that you need to "re-think" your priorities.   

Maybe there's a family relationship that's gone sour and you need to work on that.  Maybe you need to get in touch with a friend you haven't seen in years, maybe you need to change jobs, or maybe you simply need to make a plan and get that big task that's hanging over your head done and out of your way!

Let me know how it goes!

Blessings!

Sharon










No comments:

Post a Comment